Friday 20 August 2010

The Food & Drink Challenge: That Second Awkward Post

So this is the second awkward blog post about the Food & Drink Challenge, with 11 days and 12 sleeps to go I still haven’t decided what to forfeit!

But this week I have established how I am going to do it. My wonderfully wise friend Lesley gave me some words of wisdom this week, amongst an array of suggestions for things to forfeit. Don’t give up everything – life should be fun. Three months is a long time so I will be starting one month at a time.

From Lesley’s list of potential foods I should give up, my brain split the list up into not a problem, manageable & you can’t make me! & I figure it’s the foods that I ear marked as you can’t make me should be the foods that I do in fact challenge myself to be less reliant upon.

For the three months I would like to give up caffeine, alcohol (with my one planned off piste day) biscuits, chocolate & pastries. But each month I will be adding in food that really will test me.

Real contenders include eggs, hard cheese, fizzy drinks, jelly sweets, corned beef and pasta. I will also be making a real effort to improve the quality of my food by making what I can where I can.

In short; the second awkward blog post I’m back where I started with the first one. 11 days and 12 sleeps to work it all out, it’ll be fine and not on the hoof at all.

1 comment:

  1. You GO Girl! :)
    That are great items that you choosed and I am looking forward to see how you are going to manage the challange.Wish you a great start,beautiful!:)

    ReplyDelete